Green Peas - 1 large cup
Basmati Rice - 500 ml cup
Diluted Coconut Milk - 1 liter
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 no.
A few Cloves
Cardamom pods - 3 nos
Bay leaves - 2 nos
Onions - 3 nos thinly sliced
Green chilli - 5 nos slit
Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tbsp of Ghee & 1 tbsp of Oil.
2. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom pods & Bay leaves
3. Add the 3 nos of thinly sliced Onions & 5 nos of slit Green chilies. Saute till the onion becomes transparent.
4. Add 1 tsp of Ginger & garlic paste & 1 large cup of Peas. Mix well
5. Add Salt to taste. I am using 500ml Measuring cup.
6. Wash the 500 ml cup of Basmati Rice & add it to the mixture. Gently mix it. Ratio 1:2
7. Add 1 liter of diluted Coconut milk to rice.
8. Check for seasoning & close it.
9. Wait for the steam to come & place the weight
10. Cook in high flame for 2 whistles & turn off the stove
11. Wait till the pressure reduces & then shift to a serving container.
12. Serve hot with any side dish.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Produ